4:04am I am awaken by a slight siren sound. Luckily I have heard them before so I knew exactly what was going on; A TORNADO SIREN. Well, that woke me up quick and I run upstairs to wake up Adrian and then down the hall to get Caeden. We take blankets and head into my small walk in closet, which is the only place that I can think of that would be safe. Of course Steve is gone out of town, so I called him hoping he could help from Atlanta. NO was the answer! I then proceeded to turn on the T.V. in my bedroom leaving the boys in my closet and of course no satelitte signal. So next I move to the radio. As soon as I hear some music I hear a loud crack and bang the power goes out. Scared to death I run back into the closet and try to figure out something …… Taking Steve’s advise I call the police station to verify if a tornado had touched down or if we were in a warning; it was a warning and no he didn’t know for how long. Sitting in the closet we were not able to see anything and I realize that I need to get a candle, a radio, something because I had no idea how long we would be in there. I told the boys I would be right back and that everything will be okay. Leaving the closet I see poor Pepe under my bed terrified. As soon as he sees me I hear him meowing and he starts to follow me. I locate a candle and matches, batteries and my clock radio, picked up Pepe and I head back to the closet. The winds were so strong and the rain was hitting the windows so hard, it looked like the house was in a car wash. The scariest part was knowing that we were not prepared and and what will happen to all my pictures. I had thought about where we would go, but not about the supplies I would need. In the closet I lite the candle, put batteries in my clock radio, of course no radio; It just saves the time. GREAT! So we sit in the closet and Caeden won’t quit talking, Adrian is trying to sleep, Precious is trying to get to Pepe so she can jump on his face and play. After some time, It had quieted down and so I called the police department at 4:47am to find out that the warning was over. The kids and I slowly get back into bed and sleep in of course. Throughout the morning I keep peeking to see if there is any power yet back in the house. Around 9ish a glimmer of the bathroom light that was on earlier finally presents itself. As I get out of bed wondering what school will be like because I know their power had to be out as well, I look out of my window and low and behold; We have half a tree!! 

The school had half power at 9:30am and no air; they are not taking attendance today, so the kids decided that they would like to stay home. Great, another terror for me to deal with today!! lol.

We are actually very lucky that nothing besides the tree was damaged. Caeden’s room and my scrapbook room are on that side of the house. Seeing the news and all of the damage from the storms that other houses endured, I feel very lucky indeed.